Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

click to hide/show revision 1
initial version

Cannot Capture WiFi Traffic


Sorry for the basic question but I am really out of my league here.

I've read and I'm confused as whether I can even do what I want to do.

I have a stand-alone box which talks over WiFi only. My PC running Win10 can connect to my router either over WiFi or wired. (I've tried both.) My box is doing a GET to a site which works only about 20% of the time. The GETs are identical, except for a time stamp so that indicates it isn't an error in the GET command. The other 80% of the GETs appear to contain NULL data as far as the box goes. I can see all of this on a debug port.

What I can't see is the actual packets going to and from the site I'm talking to. I believe if I could see this I might understand why I'm losing 80%.

Is there a way to do this in Windows, or am I chasing a lost cause? If possible, how do I do it?

Thanks for your time.