Ask Your Question

How do I monitor WAN traffic?

asked 2018-10-09 17:07:55 +0000

neil gravatar image

I would like to monitor WAN traffic on a specific IP, how do I do this?

WireShark is inside the network (LAN).


edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 Answer

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-10-09 17:58:15 +0000

you would need a TAP or a monitor port if your equipment supports it. some routers will support capturing as well.

i did a video on cisco port mirroring, if that helps

edit flag offensive delete link more


Thanks for the link, it was useful to see, although my setup is different it still does help. I need to do more searching on a TAP and a monitor port to understand more.

neil gravatar imageneil ( 2018-10-09 18:19:05 +0000 )edit

youre welcome

also created this one that may help Span vs Tap Testing

thetechfirm gravatar imagethetechfirm ( 2018-10-09 22:25:31 +0000 )edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2018-10-09 17:07:55 +0000

Seen: 3,064 times

Last updated: Oct 09 '18